And provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the LORD
for the display of his splendor. Isaiah 61:3 NIV

Thursday, April 22, 2010

When Little Ones Pray


It was wonderful today when I was feeding my 13 month old grandson his lunch when he folded his hands and babbled a prayer.  He only has a couple of words in his vocabulary, but I knew when I said, "Do you want to talk to Jesus?" that is exactly what he was doing.  Before each bite he would fold his hands and look at me.  I praised him for praying and we prayed, "Dear Jesus, thank you for this food.  We love you. Amen." 

I wonder if God gets excited about us like I did about my boys when they learned to pray. 

Ephesians 5:1, 2 says, "Therefore be imitators of God as dear children."  How do I do this? "And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet smelling aroma." Christ was my example here on earth.  He showed me how to imitate Him for the joy of the Father.  I can imagine Him saying with excitment, "Look, she is imitating me!" Then comes the pleasing laughter of a parent who is satisfied with His child.

No comments:

Post a Comment