And provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the LORD
for the display of his splendor. Isaiah 61:3 NIV

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Why I Started This Blog

I have a Women's Bible Study group that meets in my home every week.  These ladies have become good friends and are very precious. They are beautiful! Many of them had heart breaking issues and they came to figure out how to get through it or to comfort others.  We are currently studying the "Breaking Free" series by Beth Moore.  I have seen a wonderful transformation in these ladies.  And I have added them to my prayer life and have been greatly enriched by them.

I went to the Women of Faith conference last year in Denver at the Pepsi Center.  It was amazing.  When I first walked in there the place was filled with women of every walk of life, every shape and size, every faith.  I was overwhelmed with a sense of beauty that God had created and it was all gathered together in one place, all praising Him. Tears came to my eyes.

We all want to be beautiful.  We want to be seen for the beauty that God put in us both physically and deep inside.  The text that is posted above, Isaiah 51:3 has become a wonderful theme of hope.  One day we will be adorned in beauty.  What woman doesn't want to be beautiful, dressed in her finest - adorned with jewels - smelling wonderful?  What woman doesn't want her man - lover - to be proud to display her to the world on his arm. Everyone that I know has dreamed of her wedding day when she can be the princess all decked out in her wedding gown and walking toward her handsome lover dressed in his awesome tuxedo.

Christ is that person for us.  He is our lover, friend, and caretaker. 
"For your Maker is your husband,
      The LORD of hosts is His name;
      And your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel;
      He is called the God of the whole earth. "Isaiah 54:5
 So this blog is for all those who wish to feel and be beautiful in Christ.  Who want their lives enriched, encouraged, and changed.  I pray that you will find Jesus to be your knight in shining armor - your savior and protector.  Your friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment