And provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the LORD
for the display of his splendor. Isaiah 61:3 NIV

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Kept By The Power Of God

I finally completed my Bible Study on 1 Peter.  This study changed my life in a huge way. It is a type of Journal but laid out in a study format.  Many people inspired me to do this.  Most of all was my nephew who was incarcerated at the time.  His life didn't end up where he thought it would and while in prison he remembered God and began studying the Bible with other inmates.  As I was journaling I would send my thoughts to him.  He shared them with the others and looked forward to getting the lessons from me.  They meant a lot to him. 

My mom also helped me with the format and my Bible Study group went through the study with me to help edit and gave valuable comments.  God really lead through this whole process.  The format is in a daily study with places to write your thoughts and answers to questions.  There are note pages and places to write prayer requests and answers to prayer.  There are also questions at the end of each weeks study to help facilitate discussion in small groups. It is spiral bound so that it lays flat for easy writing.

After I wrote this I faced a huge issue with my husband going through a severe illness and almost losing him.  He went through surgery and it took time for him to recover.  Without this study I would not have been prepared to go through this trial. I first called it Practical Christianity because the things that I was learning were practical things that I applied to my life.  But I changed the name to "Kept By The Power Of God" because I was sustained through the storm purely by God's loving grace and power.

If you would like a copy of this study it is $20.00 and that includes shipping.  After the first 100 are sold then shipping will be added, so get in on this great deal.  I will sign your copy for you.  I hope that you will gain a blessing from going through this study as much or more than I.  I will pray for each individual that orders as well.

Send your request with check or money order to : Susanne Kanen, 106 Willowcreek Place, Alamosa, CO   81101. You can call if you have questions 719-480-1629.  Be sure to include the address that you want the study shipped to.

Yours in Christ.

Sue

1 comment: