And provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the LORD
for the display of his splendor. Isaiah 61:3 NIV

Friday, May 16, 2014

Good-bye Mom

Mom passed away at 2:53 this morning, May 16, 2014.  She died on month and two days after Dad.  She was the most beautiful woman I have ever known.  She was strong, an inspiration, and Christlike spiritual mentor to all of us kids.  I loved her more than one can say.

I was privileged to sit with her this week while she shut down after suffering a massive stroke on Mother's Day.  My brothers Tom, Steve, and Jim were all with me as we stayed with Mom through her ordeal.  We grew closer and promised to meet Mom and Dad on that resurrection morning.

I will be posting some pictures and stories about Mom when I can pull it together.  That may take awhile.  Thank you to all the family and friends for prayers and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment