And provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the LORD
for the display of his splendor. Isaiah 61:3 NIV

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Bride and Groom

I love weddings.  I love all the decorations, beautiful dresses, smart tuxedos, fancy food.  But most of all I love the happy faces especially on the bride and groom.  The look they give each other on their special day is one that can't be described.  You just have to see it.

A lot of work goes into weddings.  Months of planning, money, time.  But in the end it all seems to be worth it.  Parents are willing to shell out the bucks to make sure their daughter or son have a wonderful day.  They want them to be happy and have a great send off.  Parents also want to show the world how proud they are of their kid. (Well, emerging adult.) So they invite all their friends to come and enjoy the event with them.

May daughters were the most beautiful brides in the world.  I looked at them and thought, WOW!  These are my daughters.  I was thrilled to present them as beautiful, well brought up, loving women.  They are my jewels.  I understand this text in Isaiah 61:10.
"I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels."
God wants to gush over me.  To show me off.  To tell all who will listen how beautiful I am.  In turn, I want to gush over Him.  I want to tell all who will listen how wonderful He is.  He saved me and lifted me up from a sinful world and certain death and is preparing a beautiful place for me to live with Him.  He is proud of me.  He loves me.  He cares for me.  That can only make me feel wonderful.

So I look forward with anticipation to that day when the groom, Jesus, comes for His bride, me (and those who love Him).  I can't even imagine the looks on our faces.  I think you will have to be there to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment