And provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the LORD
for the display of his splendor. Isaiah 61:3 NIV

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Special Treasure


"Now therefore, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be a special treasure to Me above all people; for all the earth is Mine." Exodus 19:5
Wow!  What an awesome text!  I can be God's special treasure.  I have always wanted to be treasured.  It makes me feel very special.  I enjoy being wanted and needed.  And besides, everyone perks up at the thought of treasure.  It is fun to search for and even more fun to have.  It sparkles and glitters in the light and is beautiful to look at. It is priceless! That why it is a treasure.

When I was in college I dated a guy that was not all that excited about being with me in public.  It might ruin his image I guess.  Needless to say we didn't last that long.  But when I dated my husband, he was proud to be with me.  He liked showing me off to his friends and having me on his arm.  I loved being with him because he made me feel wanted, needed, and loved.

There is a condition to this treasure and that is obeying the voice of God.  If I understand what God's plan is for me and understand that He is the one who has my best interest at heart then why not give Him my all?
"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11.
He isn't out there to take away the fun or to ruin my life.  No!  He has given His life for me so that I might live.  And live life as His special treasure!
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only son, that whoever chooses to believe in Him will not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

He gives us the choice whether we want to accept that gift or not.  Here is the choice laid out:
"I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live." Deut. 30:19."
Choose life. Choose to accept the gifts of God.  Choose to be His special treasure, sparkling, rich in beauty.

PS:  All the pictures are of my precious jewels (grandchildren) that God has placed in my treasury.

1 comment:

  1. Love Exodus 19:5; that is all I needed today, thanks for sharing. God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete